There are many benefits of being a member of a toy library. These include:
- Having access to hundreds of toys.
- Borrowing toys that are matched to your child’s individual need, stage of development and interests.
- Borrowing toys that are designed to facilitate particular skill development in children e.g. threading beads to assist fine motor skills.
- Having a resource to assist and guide you in appropriate toy selection.
- Avoiding storage issues of multiple or bulky toys.
- Helping the environment by borrowing rather than purchasing.
- Meeting other young families.
- Having an opportunity to try toys before you buy, therefore ensuring successful toy purchases.
- Being a part of your community.
* Banner photo on this page courtesy Samantha Gravell